Sunday, March 21, 2010

Soap Essentials Bar Bath Soap











     I made bath soap yesterday and wanted to share it with you. The first time I made it I was so nervous that I didn't take any pictures or anything! This time I took pictures after I cut the bars, maybe next time I will take pictures during the soap making process. If I remember! This is the only bath soap recipe that I have tried at this point, but I have made shampoo and soap for cleaning the house and doing laundry. This recipe comes from "The Natural Soap Book", by Susan Miller Cavitch. Making soap was very intimidating to me but it's really not hard at all! I hope that you will try making soap, my family has loved it!



Ingredients:

3 pounds distilled water

473 grams sodium hydroxide

4 pounds olive oil

2 pounds 8 ounces coconut oil

1 pound 8 ounces palm oil

30 grams grapefruit seed extract

15-18 teaspoons pure essential oil


Directions:

Follow basic soap making directions and let cure for 3-8 weeks. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers