Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Gluten-Free Banana Blueberry Muffins


   







     I know that I have gone for months without posting anything new and now I am making 2 posts in one day! That's how I am though, sorry! 

     I really don't like to bake at all, but I have to say that I am excited about being able to make muffins, cake, cookies, and the like without flour. This recipe is also from "The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook", by Elana Amsterdam. I do really like this cookbook and would heartily recommend it to anyone who is interested in cutting carbs, going gluten-free, watching your sugar, or just trying to eat more naturally.

     I did change 2 things about this recipe, and that was to use butter instead of grapeseed oil and to add 1 dropperful of stevia extract for a double batch of muffins. I have made them without the stevia and I thought that they needed just a little more sweetness then the bananas provided, but feel free to experiment. I would love to hear any comments that you may have about any of the recipes that I have posted.  Blessings!


Ingredients:

3 cups blanched almond meal

1/4 t. sea salt

1 1/2 t. baking soda

2 T. butter, melted

3 large eggs

2 cups (4 to 5) mashed bananas    

1 cup frozen blueberries, I like the Wyman's Wild Blueberries

1/2 dropperful stevia extract


Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.

In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, and baking soda. In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, stevia, and eggs. Stir the wet ingredients into the almond flour mixture until throughly combined. Stir the bananas into the batter, then fold in the blueberries. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.

Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the muffin tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 50 minutes, then serve. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Search This Blog

Followers