Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mini Potato Gratins

     Today for lunch we had grilled steak, sauteed asparagus, and mini potato gratins. This is one of my families favorite meals! The mini potato gratins are always a BIG hit. I saw Melissa d'Arabian from the Food Network make some one day and I thought they were a great idea. Of course I had to change them a little bit but I usually do that anyway. I don't have any pictures right now, so you will have to use your imagination!

Mini Potato Gratins

Ingredients

  • several new potatoes, thinly sliced
  • 1 1/2-2 cups shredded cheese (I like a combination of colby, montery jack, and asiago)
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 3/4-1 cup heavy cream

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Spray 12 muffin tins with vegetable spray. Layer potato slices and cheese into each muffin cup. Season with salt and pepper and top each gratin with 2 to 3 tablespoons of heavy cream. Cover with foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, removing the foil halfway through cooking time. Let set for about 5 minutes and then run a knife around the edge of each gratin and lift out. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers