Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Gravy















     Well, I haven't been on here for a awhile and now I have several recipes that I want to tell you about. I mean yummy stuff! We will start out with tonight's dinner, which was chicken with creamy mushroom gravy, green beans, and mashed potatoes. Everyone loved it, and they said that they would like to eat it every week. I just love it when I find a recipe like that and it's easy too! I adapted this from a recipe that I found in the Gourmet magazine cookbook. I hope that you love mushrooms!


Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Gravy

Ingredients:

1 cup flour
1 Tbs. lemon thyme
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded out to 1/2 inch thickness
1 stick butter
1 pound chanterelles mushrooms or whatever kind of mushrooms that you like, sliced
1 sweet onion, chopped
2 cups chicken broth
1-1 1/2 cups cream
salt & pepper to taste
olive oil

Directions:

Mix together flour, lemon thyme, and salt reserving 2 Tbs. for later use. Pound out chicken breasts and coat with flour mixture. Heat a large skillet over med.-med. high heat. Add about 1-2 Tbs. of olive oil, 1 pat of butter, and chicken to the hot pan. Cook chicken in batches, browning on each side, and hold in a warm oven. Add 2 Tbs. of butter, onion, and mushrooms to the pan and cook until done. Add in 1-2 Tbs. butter and reserved flour, stir well and cooking flour for 1 min. Stir in chicken broth and cream. Simmer until the liquid has thickened, 2-4 min. and season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken back to the pan and let sit for 5 min. before serving. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers